Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Poem

I had to do a poetry project at school. This is it. Enjoy.

Wake Up America

We need to get out there
And preach the word of God.

We only have so many days left.
We can't slack off.

Are you sure your best friend
Will see the golden streets of Heaven?

Or will they go down under
To a fiery pit of darkness and suffering

The pain the people that didn't get saved
Must feel right now.

Jesus wants us all to be with him,
So you have to go out and teach the people with no clue.

He wants to hold us in his big, comforting arms,
But will you let him?

The end is like a thief.
You know it will come, but you don't know when.

Tick, tick! Goes the clock.
We're running out of time.

Bam! Two people just died.
Bam! Two people just died.

And Bam! Two more people just died.
Do you care?

I believe the end is near.
Do you want your friends to go through never ending pain?

I know I don't.
That's why we must be a witness, each and every one of us here.

It may sound scary.
I'm scared, too,

But I'm ready.
Are you?


How'd ya like it. Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. SINCE YOU SAID PLEASE THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. IT WAS GOOD.




    YOUR TOTALLY KOOL SIS,
    JONAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emeri this is awesome!! Your poem really touched me, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete